PanAAC is a private sector driven platform bringing together agribusiness and agro industry value chains and support services to enable them access information, knowledge, strategic partnerships and financial remediation.
PanAAC’s constituents comprise of input suppliers, producer organizations, processors and packagers, logistic providers, wholesalers, retailers, financiers, exporters, and business development providers. PanAAC was formed at a private sector agribusiness meeting in Johannesburg, South Africa in June, 2007 followed by a consolidation meeting in Accra, Ghana in November, 2007. It is registered as not for profit organization in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Broad Vision of PanAAC
Nearly 50 years after independence, Africa is still desperately grasping at self food sufficiency. This situation, which impedes development on the Continent, mobilized African States and International Organizations (AU, AFDB, FAO, IFAD, ECA, UNIDO) to organize a High Level Conference on the Development of Agribusiness and Agro-industries in Africa in March 2010 in Abuja
- Mobilizing enterprises, networks and individuals involved in the post-production segment of the agribusiness value chain in order to ensure integration and mutual benefit.
- Providing a platform for information on agribusiness development, finance, markets and investment.
- Initiating partnerships with research centres and technology providers in order to involve the private sector in formulation and uptake of research initiatives.
- Facilitating improvements in productivity and competitiveness of African product offerings, through training in agribusiness and entrepreneurship.
- Advocating for policy formulation to streamline cross border trade, infrastructure, international tariffs and regulations.
To better serve its constituencies, PanAAC has identified four main pillars around which its programmes would be articulated. These are:
- Partnerships and linkages among key players.
- Financing to support the African agribusiness sector.
Mandate & Functions
Providing a platform for information on agribusiness and agro industry development, market
Facilitate the provision of knowledge, skills, relevant experiences, best practices and formal training.
A platform for strategic partnership amongst stakeholders and with other partners such as researchers, finance actors, development partners and institutions of higher learning.
To harness financial resources to enable financial remediation for its Stakeholders.
PanAAC has initiated programs aimed at strengthening linkages between producers of technology agricultural training institutions and agribusiness in order to make agricultural graduates owners of business, employers and skilled and marketable professionals. PanAAC offers a platform for reliable information on markets and value chains based on reliable reports, market analysis and relevant experiences. The consortium collects and collates data, processes into valuable business intelligence for its stakeholders.